We have compiled a list of other sites for you to explore, furthering your knowledge about our country.
An asterisk (*) denotes a bilingual site.
- Background Resources for Educators — Resources identified by the Parliament of Canada as useful for teachers and educators.
- Learning Resources for Teachers — Resources identified by Statistics Canada as useful for teachers and educators.
- Building Canada — Award-winning site about the history of Canadian architecture, with over 2000 images.
- *Canadian Conservation Institute — One of the world's leading centres of conservation knowledge and expertise. Its mandate is to promote the proper care and preservation of Canada's moveable cultural heritage and to advance the practice, science and technology of conservation.
- *Canada's National History Society — Information about the Society and its publications and awards.
- *Canadian Museum of Civilization — In-depth information on the Museum's exhibits and related issues.
- Canadian Women in History — Stories, quotes, and links from and about famous Canadian women, past and present.
- Commonwealth of Learning — Provides information on the mandate of this organization which deals with distance education.
- The Commonwealth OnLine — Access to current news and information about Commonwealth members.
- *Council of Ministers of Education, Canada — Information on Canadian education, with links to sites about technology in education.
- CPAC Online — CPAC, the Cable Public Affairs Channel, is Canada's number one source of parliamentary and public affairs programming. CPAC provides gavel-to-gavel live coverage of House of Commons proceedings, parliamentary committees, in-depth coverage of various commissions and inquiries and the only prime time line-up devoted to political issues of importance to Canadians.
- Fédération culturelle canadienne-française (French only) — Information on French culture in Canada
- *CyberMuse - National Gallery of Canada — Visit CyberMuse and try out innovative, fun ways to appreciate and understand art. This new virtual space brings you high-quality reproductions, artists' biographies, video interviews and access to the entire collection of the National Gallery of Canada.
- *Governor General of Canada — The Governor General of Canada's home page.
- *Government of Canada — The Canadian Government home page, with links to all departments and programs.
- *Human Resources and Social Development Canada — Department and program information, with access to a library and related sites.
- *Parliamentary Internet — Information on the role, history, and activities of the Canadian parliament.
- *Statistics Canada — Access to a large variety of statistical information on Canada.
Arts and culture
- *Canada Council for the Arts — The object of the council is to foster and promote the study and enjoyment, and the production of work in the arts
- Virtual Museum of Canada — The Virtual Museum of Canada showcases an array of virtual exhibits, online games, images and other educational and cultural online content developed in partnership with museums and heritage institutions.
- *Canadian Radio-TV and Telecommunications Commission — Broadcasting and telecommunication industry information, archives, and links
- *Association for Canadian Studies — National organization promoting research, teaching and publications on Canada
- Association for Canadian Studies in the US — A US-based organization that encourages the study of Canada at all levels in the States.
- Canadian Journal of History — Abstracts of articles and reviews for every issue of the journal.
- *International Council for Canadian Studies — Site of a federation of national and multi-national Canadian Studies associations that promotes research, education and publications in all fields of Canadian Studies and in all countries.
- *National Research Council — Information from the main science and technology research agency of Canada.
Canadian Studies Departments in Canadian Universities
- Trent University: The Frost Centre for Canadian Studies and Native Studies
- University of Ottawa: Institute of Canadian Studies
- Brock University: Centre for Canadian Studies
- University of Toronto: Canadian Studies University College
- Carleton University: School of Canadian Studies
- Queen's University: Canadian Studies
- University of Windsor: Canadian Studies
- York University: Canadian Studies
- St-Francis Xavier: Canadian Studies
- Dalhousie: Canadian Studies Programme
- Mount Saint Vincent: Canadian Studies
- Acadia: Canadian Studies Department
Prince Edward Island
- University of Calgary: Canadian Studies Department
- University of Lethbridge: Canadian Studies Department