The Games of La Francophonie are unique in that they are the only major games that feature both sport and cultural competitions. Like the athletes, the winning artists receive gold, silver or bronze medals.
In addition to cultural competitions, artists participate in creative workshops that allow them to meet, exchange ideas and forge special relationships with artists from various countries of La Francophonie.
Team Canada artists participate in seven cultural disciplines and one creative competition:
- Supernaturalz, Toronto (Ont.) - Street Performances (Hip Hop)
- Samian, Montréal (Qc.) - Song
- Stéphane Guertin, Ottawa (Ont.) - Storytelling
- maribé - sors de ce corps, Montréal (Qc) - Original Dance
- Guillaume Corbeil, Montréal (Qc.) - Literature
- Arthur Desmarteaux, Montréal (Qc.) - Painting
- Jacquelyn Hébert, Winnipeg (Man.) - Sculpture-Installation
- TiND, Montréal (Qc.) - Digital Creation (Video Jockey)