There will be a total of nine finalists selected―three from each category. Three finalists will also be selected as the National Winners to represent each category as part of winning posters for Celebrate Canada.
Get ready to pack your bags for an unforgettable, all-expense paid adventure in the Nation’s Capital Region!
- This year, we will award nine grand prize trips for two (for the finalist and a parent or legal guardian) to travel to Ottawa to celebrate Canada Day 2015 activities.
- Finalists and their family members will be provided VIP access to exciting places, as well as the opportunity to meet some of Canada's most exciting and inspiring personalities! They will tour museums, galleries and so much more!
Lights! Camera! Action!
- Finalists will also receive the opportunity to work with the amazingly talented team of education specialists from the National Film Board of Canada to create their very own short films about their adventures in Ottawa.
See your work on exhibit at a national museum!
- Finalists will have their work displayed as part of a special summer exhibit at the Canadian Museum of History.
Plus, there’s even more to be excited about this year!
- Each of our sponsors will provide our finalists with a souvenir to remember their experience as part of the Canada Day Challenge.
And a prize only for one winner of the Write it! category between the ages of 14 and 17
- One lucky winner in the Write It!Footnote 1 category will be invited to spend a week in Ottawa with our sponsor, Encounters with Canada, Canada’s largest youth forum, to learn about Canadian institutions, explore exciting career options, develop their civic leadership skills and live an extraordinary bilingual experience!
Testimonies from our Winners of 2014
"Buildings! Food! Art! Oh, so much art! We went to perhaps half a dozen of the best museums Ottawa has to offer, although I am sure there are more, yet we barely scratched the surface. We encountered people by the hundreds of thousands, easily enough to baffle a girl from a town of two hundred. Overwhelming, to say the least, but also wonderful."
– Sarah Peerless, National Write It! Winner 2014
"The Canada Day festivities were the grand finale to a week of wonderful connections to our nation’s history and ongoing richness. That experience made me even more determined to be a citizen that is proactive in establishing Canada’s reputation as a nation committed to human rights, equity, social justice, and environmental sustainability!"
– Alana Krug-Macleod, National Snap It! Winner 2014
"I received so many special opportunities as part of the Canada Day Challenge, such as meeting the Governor General of Canada, having stunning views of the Canada Day shows on Parliament Hill in the VIP seating areas, and even eating dinner in Laurier House National Historic Site! There were so many impressive things that we were able to participate in, and interact with… amazing!"
– Emily Chan, National Draw It! Winner 2014
- Footnote 1
For participants between the ages of 14 and 17 only. Encounters with Canada reserve the right to change and defer the prize to another category if entrants do not meet the age criteria.
- Date modified :